Choose Local is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We may change this policy, you should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 2019.
What information we collect
Personal information may be collected from you, includes: –
When you, voluntarily provide information in response to our online forms, details asked for and which you provide:
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information in particular for the following reasons:
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside third parties.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to Users service, orders and invoicing for services. It may also be used to respond to their listing on this website, inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently.
This website uses session cookies. Session cookies are temporary cookie files which are erased when you close your browser. When you restart your browser and go back to the site that created that cookie, the website will treat you as a new visitor.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. For a more comprehensive guide visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies. If you want to delete cookies on a mobile phone refer to your handset manual.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Links to other websites
Choose Local website: www.choose-local.co.uk contains many links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Whenever you fill in a contact form on this website, look for a checkbox that you can click to indicate that you are happy for Choose Local to contact you with the details you have provided. Any information submitted to this website is strictly confidential and will not be sold or disclosed to any third parties.
Data storage & web servers
Our servers are located within the Next Generation Data datacentre at Newport. This is a high security facility with 4 metre high perimeter fencing, military grade security and is accredited with ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO27001, PDI DSS Compliance, SSAE16/ISAE3402 Type I and II Certified and IIP Committed. Access to our physical servers is therefore very tightly controller and limited to specific persons. View more details (www.nextgenerationdata.co.uk)
Controlling your personal information
Whenever you fill in a contact form on this website you are happy for Choose Local to contact you with the details you have provided. Any information submitted to this website is strictly confidential and will not be sold or disclosed to any third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, or you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please Email: email@example.com
We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Client data retention
HMRC legally requires us to retain accounting information for a minimum of 6 years for audit purposes.
Clients with financial information do not have the right to be forgotten prior to 6 years from the date of their last financial transaction as this would breach our legal HMRC requirements, however clients with information on our systems and no financial transactions have the right to be forgotten at any time.
Your acceptance of these terms